Prickly pears filled with cottage cheese and anchovies
- 2 prickly pears ripe (when they turn orange red they are ripe)
- 150 gr cottage cheese
- 5 anchovies
- some mint leaves
- white pepper grounded
- NOTE: Prickly pears grow on the cactus plant and they also have stingers. Often these are transparent spines. At harvest they are removed but some remain. I wipe each fig again with kitchen paper.
- Halve the prickly pears lengthwise. Scrape out the flesh with a spoon. Let this drain. Collect the juice because this is super sweet and delicious to drink.
- Cut 1 anchovy into very small pieces and mix with the cottage cheese. Finely chop 5 mint leaves and mix them with the cheese and the pulp of the prickly pear. Taste and season with a little white pepper if necessary.
- Now fill the scraped half prickly pears with the mixture. Place a full anchovy on top and add an additional mint leaf for decoration.
- As an extra seasoning, you can add a caper, according to your own taste.
Download my E-book
This booklet is my culinary ode to the Mediterranean cuisine; a collection of flavors and aromas that embody my passion for cooking, intended to inspire or enrich both the experienced chef and the home cook with the simplicity and purity of Mediterranean tastes. Easy recipes, accessible to everyone, and with a broad palette of flavors.Order here
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Subscribe to our newsletter and stay informed about the latest news and amazing recipes.