Prickly pears filled with cottage cheese and anchovies
- 2 prickly pears ripe (when they turn orange red they are ripe)
- 150 gr cottage cheese
- 5 anchovies
- some mint leaves
- white pepper grounded
- NOTE: Prickly pears grow on the cactus plant and they also have stingers. Often these are transparent spines. At harvest they are removed but some remain. I wipe each fig again with kitchen paper.
- Halve the prickly pears lengthwise. Scrape out the flesh with a spoon. Let this drain. Collect the juice because this is super sweet and delicious to drink.
- Cut 1 anchovy into very small pieces and mix with the cottage cheese. Finely chop 5 mint leaves and mix them with the cheese and the pulp of the prickly pear. Taste and season with a little white pepper if necessary.
- Now fill the scraped half prickly pears with the mixture. Place a full anchovy on top and add an additional mint leaf for decoration.
- As an extra seasoning, you can add a caper, according to your own taste.
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >