Pumpkin soup with ginger and crispy seeds
- cooking pot
to prepare the soup:
- 1 kg pumpkin
- 1 onion big one
- 4 cm ginger fresh root
- 800 ml water
- 1½ vegetable broth
- pinch white pepper
- 2 tbl spoon olive oil
for the toppings:
- 3 tbl spoon pumpkin seeds
- ½ tbl spoon coconut oil
- ½ tbl spoon maple sirop
- 6 slices ginger thin slices
- 3 tbl spoon coconut cream
- sprig parsley
- Peel the onion and cut it into pieces. Put the olive oil in a saucepan and sauté the onion over a low heat for about 5 minutes.Remove the skin of the pumpkin and cut the flesh into pieces (+/- 2×2 cm)Add the pumpkin pieces to the onion in the cooking pot and sauté together for a few more minutes.
- Peel the ginger root and grate it finely. Collect both the liquid and the shavings and add this to the pumpkin cubes.Add 800 ml of water to the pumpkin along with the stock cubes. Put the lid on the pot and let it cook for 20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat. Add the pinch of pepper. Blend the pumpkin with a blender to a homogeneous soup. Taste and season with salt or extra pepper if necessary.
- Heat the oven to 160º. Mix the pumpkin seeds and ginger slices with the coconut oil and maple sirop. Place them on baking paper in the oven for 20 minutes. Let cool
- Ladle the soup into separate plates, spoon in some coconut cream and sprinkle over the crunchy pumpkin seeds. Place another slice of ginger from the oven in each plate. Add some color with shredded curly parsley if you want.
Download my E-book
This booklet is my culinary ode to the Mediterranean cuisine; a collection of flavors and aromas that embody my passion for cooking, intended to inspire or enrich both the experienced chef and the home cook with the simplicity and purity of Mediterranean tastes. Easy recipes, accessible to everyone, and with a broad palette of flavors.Order here
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Subscribe to our newsletter and stay informed about the latest news and amazing recipes.