Pumpkin soup with ginger and crispy seeds
Pumpkin soup with a sweet velvety taste, the spicy touch of ginger and crispy baked pumpkin seeds… wonderfully warming and together with a piece of bread you have a delicious meal soup.
- cooking pot
to prepare the soup:
- 1 kg pumpkin
- 1 onion big one
- 4 cm ginger fresh root
- 800 ml water
- 1½ vegetable broth
- pinch white pepper
- 2 tbl spoon olive oil
for the toppings:
- 3 tbl spoon pumpkin seeds
- ½ tbl spoon coconut oil
- ½ tbl spoon maple sirop
- 6 slices ginger thin slices
- 3 tbl spoon coconut cream
- sprig parsley
- Peel the onion and cut it into pieces. Put the olive oil in a saucepan and sauté the onion over a low heat for about 5 minutes.Remove the skin of the pumpkin and cut the flesh into pieces (+/- 2×2 cm)Add the pumpkin pieces to the onion in the cooking pot and sauté together for a few more minutes.
- Peel the ginger root and grate it finely. Collect both the liquid and the shavings and add this to the pumpkin cubes.Add 800 ml of water to the pumpkin along with the stock cubes. Put the lid on the pot and let it cook for 20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat. Add the pinch of pepper. Blend the pumpkin with a blender to a homogeneous soup. Taste and season with salt or extra pepper if necessary.
- Heat the oven to 160º. Mix the pumpkin seeds and ginger slices with the coconut oil and maple sirop. Place them on baking paper in the oven for 20 minutes. Let cool
- Ladle the soup into separate plates, spoon in some coconut cream and sprinkle over the crunchy pumpkin seeds. Place another slice of ginger from the oven in each plate. Add some color with shredded curly parsley if you want.
Pumpkin soup can be found in many vegetable and spice combinations. I personally like a spicy touch. We have been preparing the combination with ginger for a long time. I was therefore regularly asked by friends to pass on the recipe. So time to put it on the blog and share it with all of you. Actually, only the pumpkin, onions and ginger play the main role, the other ingredients form the topping or are an extra. Are you looking for a nice warming and easy to prepare soup? Then definitely give this recipe a try. I hope it tastes well!
Calories: 147kcalCarbohydrates: 16gProtein: 4gFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0.003gSodium: 180mgPotassium: 658mgFiber: 2gSugar: 7gVitamin A: 14190IUVitamin C: 17mgCalcium: 49mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >
Leave a Reply