Quiche full of delicious Mediterranean flavors
- cake pan/mold 28 cm
- 200 gr Kalamata olives may be others, Kalamata have my preference
- 150 gr feta cheese
- 5 eggs
- 100 ml almond milk or regular one
- 125 gr greek yogurt
- 1 tbl spoon olive oil
- 1 red pepper Italian sweet pointed pepper
- 50 gr dried tomatoes
- 1 bulb garlic the whole bulb
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 tspoon thyme fresh
- 1 tspoon oregano fresh
- pepper and salt
- 1 sheet shortcrust pastry bought this one
- heat the oven to 180º
- First we are going to puff the garlic in the oven. Take the bulb of garlic and apart all cloves, but leave the membranes around the cloves. I cut off the hard part (with which they are attached). Drizzle with some oil and place in an oven dish. Put in the oven for 15 minutes. Remove them from the oven and let cool.
- Cover the cake tin with the shortcrust pastry, cover with baking paper and fill with baking pearls. (This will prevent the dough from rising up during pre-baking because there is no filling). Let this bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Let cool for a while, then remove the baking pearls and paper.
- Next we will roast or grill the red pepper in a grill pan. Flatten the pepper with your hand and grill for 5 minutes on each side. I cut it lengthwise and removed the seeds.
- Beat the eggs. Add the yogurt and mix well. crumble the feta through it.
- Make sure the olives are pitted. (You can do this yourself with a cherry stoner or just cut it lengthwise and remove the stone) Add them to the eggs.
- Cut the dried tomatoes into small pieces and the red onion into fine rings.Now mix all the other ingredients, except the garlic cloves and red pepper, into the egg mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Be careful with the salt because the feta already gives a salty touch.
- Fill the pre-baked quiche with the egg mixture. Place the pointed pepper on top. Place the cloves of garlic in between (I left the skin on). Add some extra herbs or feta if necessary.
- Place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes at 180º.
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >
Een etentje met vrienden of famillie? Zorg voor extra zuiderse sfeer en beluister mijn -SECRETOS DEL SUR- Spotify list” (dank aan DJ Beatz voor de finetuning)