Quinoa salad with mango, apple and orange dressing
- 2 orange only the juice
- 2 tbl spoon honey liquid honey
- 2 tbl spoon rice vinegar (found in japanese cuisine)
- ½ tbl spoon chili flakes
- 140 gr quinoa I used a mix of red and white quinoa
- 1 mango ripe! (if you buy it unripe, put it under a tea towel for a few days with ripe bananas)
- ½ apple
- ½ pomegranate only the seeds
- 1 tbl spoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- mint leaves to decorate
- First we will rinse the quinoa well. Heat water in a pan with 1 tbsp olive oil and a little salt. (Amount of water: per part quinoa at least 2 parts water. We pour the excess water away afterwards) Let it boil for 15 – 20 minutes. You will then see the seeds will loose. Pour through a sieve and let cool.
- While the quinoa is cooling, we make the dressing. Mix all ingredients well with a whisk. (orange juice, honey, rice vinegar and chili flakes) Taste and check whether the proportions are right.
- Cut and peel the mango. Cut the mango into cubes. Wash the apple, halve and cut into fine slices. I leave the skin on the apple.Remove the pomegranate seeds from the pomegranate. Use half for the salad. (put the rest in the fridge and you can use them with your breakfast or other vegetable dishes)
- Now mix the quinoa with the mango, apple and pomegranate. Drizzle with the dressing and mix again. When serving, sprinkle some extra pomegranate seeds on top and decorate with a few mint leaves. Drizzle again with the dressing.
Download my E-book
This booklet is my culinary ode to the Mediterranean cuisine; a collection of flavors and aromas that embody my passion for cooking, intended to inspire or enrich both the experienced chef and the home cook with the simplicity and purity of Mediterranean tastes. Easy recipes, accessible to everyone, and with a broad palette of flavors.Order here
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Subscribe to our newsletter and stay informed about the latest news and amazing recipes.