Quinoa with dates
- 30 gr quinoa
- 300 ml milk unsweetened (almond milk, coconut milk))
- 30 gr dates stone removed
- Bring the milk to boil and add the quinoa. Cook the quinoa according to instructions and time indicated on the package. The quinoa is ready when you see that some peels come off. If you see that the quinoa is too dry you can add extra milk. The intention is that it remains smooth and you eat it with a spoon.
- Chop the dates in the cutter. Mix the chopped dates with the quioa, they provide the sweetness. Would you like it even sweeter, add some extra. Serve in small glasses with slices of date or extra fruit.
- You can also prepare this the night before. Put a plastic foil on the quinoa and seal so it does not dry out or discolor. Stir in additional milk before serving because the quinoa absorbs all the milk.
Download my E-book
This booklet is my culinary ode to the Mediterranean cuisine; a collection of flavors and aromas that embody my passion for cooking, intended to inspire or enrich both the experienced chef and the home cook with the simplicity and purity of Mediterranean tastes. Easy recipes, accessible to everyone, and with a broad palette of flavors.Order here
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Subscribe to our newsletter and stay informed about the latest news and amazing recipes.