Rice pudding with mascarpone, vanilla and mandarins
- cooking pot
- 100 gr rice round grain
- 500 ml coconut milk
- 3 star anise
- 1 vanilla stick
- 1 mandarin peel whole peel
- 2 tbl spoon agave syrup
- 200 gr mascarpone
- 1 egg white
Fruit and sauce:
- 250 ml mandarin juice
- ½ tbl spoon cornstarch
- 2 mandarin
- few mint leaves
- 10 butter cookies
For the rice pudding:
- Briefly rinse the rice under running water. Bring the coconut milk to boil and add the rice. Add the pieces of peel of a whole mandarin, the seeds from the vanilla pod and the 3 star anise seeds. Simmer on a low heat until the rice is al dente. You may need to add some extra milk if it boils dry. Stir in the agave syrup. Let cool.
- Beat the egg whites until firm.In another bowl, whisk the mascarpone as well and then gently fold in the firm egg white. This way you get a light mascarpone.
- Cut the parts of the 2 mandarins from their membranes with a sharp knife (you can also use them as they are). Juice some mandarins until you have enough juice, bring this almost to a boil. Dissolve the cornstarch in 2 tbsp water and mix it with the hot mandarin juice. Stir well and the juice will thicken.
- Put the shortbread cookies in a mortar and crush them to grit.
- When the rice has cooled, mix it with the mascarpone.
- First put a layer of biscuit grit in the glasses. Place a layer of the rice mixture on top. On this some pieces of mandarin and then continue again with a layer of rice. On top, finish with pieces of mandarin, a spoonful of the sauce and a mint leaf. Cover with cling film and let it cool further in the fridge. Enjoy!
Download my E-book
This booklet is my culinary ode to the Mediterranean cuisine; a collection of flavors and aromas that embody my passion for cooking, intended to inspire or enrich both the experienced chef and the home cook with the simplicity and purity of Mediterranean tastes. Easy recipes, accessible to everyone, and with a broad palette of flavors.Order here
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Subscribe to our newsletter and stay informed about the latest news and amazing recipes.