Rice pudding with mascarpone, vanilla and mandarins
- cooking pot
- 100 gr rice round grain
- 500 ml coconut milk
- 3 star anise
- 1 vanilla stick
- 1 mandarin peel whole peel
- 2 tbl spoon agave syrup
- 200 gr mascarpone
- 1 egg white
Fruit and sauce:
- 250 ml mandarin juice
- ½ tbl spoon cornstarch
- 2 mandarin
- few mint leaves
- 10 butter cookies
For the rice pudding:
- Briefly rinse the rice under running water. Bring the coconut milk to boil and add the rice. Add the pieces of peel of a whole mandarin, the seeds from the vanilla pod and the 3 star anise seeds. Simmer on a low heat until the rice is al dente. You may need to add some extra milk if it boils dry. Stir in the agave syrup. Let cool.
- Beat the egg whites until firm.In another bowl, whisk the mascarpone as well and then gently fold in the firm egg white. This way you get a light mascarpone.
- Cut the parts of the 2 mandarins from their membranes with a sharp knife (you can also use them as they are). Juice some mandarins until you have enough juice, bring this almost to a boil. Dissolve the cornstarch in 2 tbsp water and mix it with the hot mandarin juice. Stir well and the juice will thicken.
- Put the shortbread cookies in a mortar and crush them to grit.
- When the rice has cooled, mix it with the mascarpone.
- First put a layer of biscuit grit in the glasses. Place a layer of the rice mixture on top. On this some pieces of mandarin and then continue again with a layer of rice. On top, finish with pieces of mandarin, a spoonful of the sauce and a mint leaf. Cover with cling film and let it cool further in the fridge. Enjoy!
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >
Een etentje met vrienden of famillie? Zorg voor extra zuiderse sfeer en beluister mijn -SECRETOS DEL SUR- Spotify list” (dank aan DJ Beatz voor de finetuning)