Beetroot pancakes with feta cheese
- 80 gr oatmeal flour you can grind flakes in a cutter
- 300 gr cooked beetroot
- 5 tbsp almond milk
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 pich salt
- 2 tbsp cocos blossom sugar
- oliveoil to bake
- 200 gr feta
- 10 strawberries
- 1 tblsp agave syrup
- Cut the beetroot into pieces and finely chop into a cutter
- Beat the egg and mix it with the milk, beetroot, oatmeal, baking powder, salt and coconut blossom sugar. Mix well with a spoon. Add extra almond milk if the dough is too consistent.
- Take a small pancake pan (I have one of ø 15 cm), heat a little oil and spoon a bit of dough into the pan with a small ladle. Make slanted circular movements with the pan so that the dough can spread over the bottom. After about 2 minutes you can turn the pancake with a flat scoop.
the strawberrie sauce
- Cut the strawberries into pieces and heat them in a pan on a low heat, together with the syrup. Add 1 tablespoon of water if necessary. You can also prepare the sauce cold: Put the strawberries and the syrup in a cutter and mix into a homogeneous sauce.
- Crumble the feta cheese. Put two pancakes on a plate. Sprinkle with the feta and spoon over a tablespoon of strawberrie sauce.
2 responses to “Beetroot pancakes with feta cheese”
Download my E-book
This booklet is my culinary ode to the Mediterranean cuisine; a collection of flavors and aromas that embody my passion for cooking, intended to inspire or enrich both the experienced chef and the home cook with the simplicity and purity of Mediterranean tastes. Easy recipes, accessible to everyone, and with a broad palette of flavors.Order here
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Subscribe to our newsletter and stay informed about the latest news and amazing recipes.