Arugula buckwheat pancakes with smoked salmon
- 100 gr buckwheat flour
- 50 + 10 gr arugula salad leaves
- 1 egg
- 200 gr smoked salmon
- 10 gr radish sprouts
- 1 tblsp black sesame seeds
- 1/2 tl baking powder
- 2 dl almond milk
- 2 tblsp butter for baking
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 handfull basil fresh
- 125 gr greek yogurt
- Put togheter the 50 gr arugula, milk, olive oil, egg, baking powder and salt in the blender and mix everything until the arugula is finely chopped. Put this mixture in a mixing bowl together with the buckwheat flour. (I buy complete buckwheat seeds and finely chop them into a flour in the cutter. This way you get a flour with a coarse grain.)
- Finely chop the fresh basil leaves and mix them with the yogurt.
- Heat a pancake pan with a pinch of butter and let it warm up sufficiently. Spoon two tablespoons of the dough and divide nicely over the pan so that you get a thin (+/- 3 mm) pancake. When you see that the pancake at the top also starts to bake / solidify, it’s time to turn . (If you are not very handy with the pan, use a wide spatula) Follow this step until you have used /baked all the dough.
- Place the pancake on a plate and start filling. In this version I opted for smoked salmon, extra arugula leaves, a spoonful of basil yogurt and radish sprouts. As a finishing touch, I sprinkle some black sesame seeds on top.
Download my E-book
This booklet is my culinary ode to the Mediterranean cuisine; a collection of flavors and aromas that embody my passion for cooking, intended to inspire or enrich both the experienced chef and the home cook with the simplicity and purity of Mediterranean tastes. Easy recipes, accessible to everyone, and with a broad palette of flavors.Order here
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Subscribe to our newsletter and stay informed about the latest news and amazing recipes.