Smoked mackerel salad is easy to make
Toast with homemade smoked mackerel salad, tasteful, deliciously spicy
- 250 gr smoked mackerel
- 200 gr greek yogurt
- 1 hard boiled egg
- ¼ red onion
- 3 pickle
- 3 radish
- 2 teaspoon capers
- 1 tablespoon dill chopped
- 1 teaspoon grain mustard
- 1 spring onion
- 1 spicy red pepper small size
- ½ cucumber
- 1 tablespoon salmon eggs or other
- 6 toast bread slices
- Remove the skin and bones from the smoked mackerel and divide it into pieces.Peel the hard-boiled egg and crush it with a fork.Cut the red onion, 3 pickles and 2 radishes into small cubes.Cut the spring onion into fine rings.Cut 1 radish and the cucumber into fine slices.Cut the chili pepper into fine rings.
- Take a mixing bowl and combine the following:the mackerel pieces, yogurt, red onion, pickles, diced radish, capers, chopped dill, grain mustard, the crushed hard-boiled egg, the spring onion and the chili pepper. Mix everything well.
- Place the 6 slices of toast (I toasted it first) on a plate. Place a few slices of cucumber and radish on top.Spoon a generous spoonful of the smoked mackerel salad over it.Decorate with some extra dill, salmon eggs, capers or spring onion.
Smoked mackerel, along with smoked eel and salmon, is one of my favorite protagonists when making my own salads or spreads. The great advantage of making your own salads is that you know exactly what’s in them… No preservatives or extra seasonings, just pure herbs, vegetables or fruit. This salad is ideal with a toast during lunch, but you can just as well accompany it with a full salad with tomato, avocado and lettuce. Personally, I really like a spicy touch. The pepper, capers and grain mustard provide a unique flavor combination. Do you have any leftovers? Then you can easily keep it cool for up to 3 days in a closed jar. Tasty!
Serving: 6toastCalories: 176kcalCarbohydrates: 15gProtein: 16gFat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0.002gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 371mgPotassium: 334mgFiber: 1gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 203IUVitamin C: 14mgCalcium: 93mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >
Leave a Reply