Smoked mackerel salad is easy to make
- 250 gr smoked mackerel
- 200 gr greek yogurt
- 1 hard boiled egg
- ¼ red onion
- 3 pickle
- 3 radish
- 2 teaspoon capers
- 1 tablespoon dill chopped
- 1 teaspoon grain mustard
- 1 spring onion
- 1 spicy red pepper small size
- ½ cucumber
- 1 tablespoon salmon eggs or other
- 6 toast bread slices
- Remove the skin and bones from the smoked mackerel and divide it into pieces.Peel the hard-boiled egg and crush it with a fork.Cut the red onion, 3 pickles and 2 radishes into small cubes.Cut the spring onion into fine rings.Cut 1 radish and the cucumber into fine slices.Cut the chili pepper into fine rings.
- Take a mixing bowl and combine the following:the mackerel pieces, yogurt, red onion, pickles, diced radish, capers, chopped dill, grain mustard, the crushed hard-boiled egg, the spring onion and the chili pepper. Mix everything well.
- Place the 6 slices of toast (I toasted it first) on a plate. Place a few slices of cucumber and radish on top.Spoon a generous spoonful of the smoked mackerel salad over it.Decorate with some extra dill, salmon eggs, capers or spring onion.
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >
Een etentje met vrienden of famillie? Zorg voor extra zuiderse sfeer en beluister mijn -SECRETOS DEL SUR- Spotify list” (dank aan DJ Beatz voor de finetuning)