Spinach hummus with toppings
- cutter / blender
Ingredients for the hummus
- 150 gr spinach fresh young leaves
- 400 gr chickpeas can be pre-cooked, in jar
- 100 gr greek yogurt
- 2 tbl spoon olive oil
- ¼ lemon only the juice
- salt and pepper
Ingredients for the toppings
- ½ red onion
- 2 radishes
- ¼ cucumber
- 3 cherry tomatoes
- a few black olives
- 1 tea spoon sesame seeds
- ¼ tea spoon sweet paprika powder
- ½ tbl spoon parsley flat leave type, fresh
- 2 tbl spoon olive oil
- 6 flatbread you can also use pita bread or sliced raw vegetables such as carrot and celery stalk
- First we make the hummus. Usually tahini (sesame seed paste) is used in the hummus, but I make a lighter version with yogurt.
Making the hummus
- Rinse the chickpeas and put them together with the fresh spinach, yogurt, lemon juice and 2 tbsp olive oil in the cutter or blender. Mix and add a few tablespoons of water if necessary, but make sure you keep a firm puree with structure. (not a flat paste) Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the hummus on a plate.
- For the toppings, use vegetables according to your own taste. I've used the ones I like with this hummus and which give some extra crunch.
- I partly cut the ½ red onion into fine rings and partly shredded it. I do this to have different structures, which presents nicer.
- Cut the radishes and cucumber into fine slices, you can then halve the cucumber slices.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes into parts. Chop the parsley finely.
- Place the various chopped vegetables and the olives on the hummus and drizzle with the olive oil. Finish with the sweet paprika, some sesame seeds and chopped parsley.
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >
Een etentje met vrienden of famillie? Zorg voor extra zuiderse sfeer en beluister mijn -SECRETOS DEL SUR- Spotify list” (dank aan DJ Beatz voor de finetuning)