Spinach hummus with toppings
- cutter / blender
Ingredients for the hummus
- 150 gr spinach fresh young leaves
- 400 gr chickpeas can be pre-cooked, in jar
- 100 gr greek yogurt
- 2 tbl spoon olive oil
- ¼ lemon only the juice
- salt and pepper
Ingredients for the toppings
- ½ red onion
- 2 radishes
- ¼ cucumber
- 3 cherry tomatoes
- a few black olives
- 1 tea spoon sesame seeds
- ¼ tea spoon sweet paprika powder
- ½ tbl spoon parsley flat leave type, fresh
- 2 tbl spoon olive oil
- 6 flatbread you can also use pita bread or sliced raw vegetables such as carrot and celery stalk
- First we make the hummus. Usually tahini (sesame seed paste) is used in the hummus, but I make a lighter version with yogurt.
Making the hummus
- Rinse the chickpeas and put them together with the fresh spinach, yogurt, lemon juice and 2 tbsp olive oil in the cutter or blender. Mix and add a few tablespoons of water if necessary, but make sure you keep a firm puree with structure. (not a flat paste) Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the hummus on a plate.
- For the toppings, use vegetables according to your own taste. I've used the ones I like with this hummus and which give some extra crunch.
- I partly cut the ½ red onion into fine rings and partly shredded it. I do this to have different structures, which presents nicer.
- Cut the radishes and cucumber into fine slices, you can then halve the cucumber slices.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes into parts. Chop the parsley finely.
- Place the various chopped vegetables and the olives on the hummus and drizzle with the olive oil. Finish with the sweet paprika, some sesame seeds and chopped parsley.
Download my E-book
This booklet is my culinary ode to the Mediterranean cuisine; a collection of flavors and aromas that embody my passion for cooking, intended to inspire or enrich both the experienced chef and the home cook with the simplicity and purity of Mediterranean tastes. Easy recipes, accessible to everyone, and with a broad palette of flavors.Order here
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Subscribe to our newsletter and stay informed about the latest news and amazing recipes.