Stuffed zucchini, whole grain rice, pepper, olives and anchovies
- cooking pot
- 2 zucchini
- 120 gr whole grain rice dry weight
- 2 red pointed pepper Italian pepper
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 10 black olives
- 6 anchovies
- ½ tea spoon spicy red pepper powder
- 1 tea spoon oregano dried
- 2 tbl spoon olive oil
- 3 tbl spoon grated parmesan
- Rinse the rice and vegetables with water. Place a pot with 1 liter of water on the heat, add a little olive oil and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil and cook the rice. Follow the instructions on the package. When the rice is cooked, drain it in a sieve.
- Preheat the oven to 180º.Cut cubes of the red pepper, onion and tomato. Grate the garlic and finely chop the olives and anchovies. Put 1 tablespoon of oil in a pot and sauté the onion and the garlic for 3 minutes. Add the bell pepper and after 3 minutes the diced tomatoes. When the vegetables are cooked, go through them with a hand mixer. Pieces may still be present.
- Return the pot with the sauce to a low heat. Add the olives, anchovies, paprika and oregano. Taste and season if necessary. Finally, mingle in the rice. Take the pot off the heat.
- Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise. Use a spoon to scrape the seeds out of the zucchini. Fill the zucchini with the rice mixture.Place them in an oven dish, drizzle with a little oil and sprinkle with the grated cheese. Place in a preheated oven at 180º for 30 – 35 minutes.
Download my E-book
This booklet is my culinary ode to the Mediterranean cuisine; a collection of flavors and aromas that embody my passion for cooking, intended to inspire or enrich both the experienced chef and the home cook with the simplicity and purity of Mediterranean tastes. Easy recipes, accessible to everyone, and with a broad palette of flavors.Order here
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Subscribe to our newsletter and stay informed about the latest news and amazing recipes.