Tiramisu with orange
- small cooking pan
For the orange gelatine:
- 2 oranges sap
- 20 gr sugar
- 3 gelatin leaves
For the Mascarpone mix:
- 250 gr mascarpone
- 200 gr lady fingers cookies
- 80 gr sugar
- 3 eggs
- zest of orange
Make the orange gelatin:
- Heat the juice of two oranges in a pan together with 20 g of sugar. Soak the gelatine leaves in cold water for 5 minutes. Squeeze the leaves and mix them with the warm juice. Stir well. Pour this juice into a bowl that allows you to pour up to 1 cm thick. Refrigerate for 2 hours. Only take the gelatin out of the refrigerator when you are going to use it.
Make the mascarpone mix:
- Separate the egg yolks from the whites. Beat the egg white until stiff and set aside. Mix the sugar with the egg yolks and beat until you get a paler mass. Add the mascarpone and orange zest to this. Mix well.
- Carefully mix the whipped egg whites with the mascarpone mixture with a spoon.
- Juice the remaining oranges.Take the glasses. Cut the gelatin into cubes and put some on the bottom.Dip a biscuit in the orange juice and make a layer. (I broke the cookies for the glasses). Then scoop a generous spoonful of the mascarpone mixture on top. Make another layer with the biscuits dipped in orange juice. Finally, a generous layer of mascarpone.
- Finish with extra gelatine cubes, zest and a mint leaf. If necessary, put it in the fridge for a while. Serve cold.
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >
Een etentje met vrienden of famillie? Zorg voor extra zuiderse sfeer en beluister mijn -SECRETOS DEL SUR- Spotify list” (dank aan DJ Beatz voor de finetuning)