Tiramisu with orange
- small cooking pan
For the orange gelatine:
- 2 oranges sap
- 20 gr sugar
- 3 gelatin leaves
For the Mascarpone mix:
- 250 gr mascarpone
- 200 gr lady fingers cookies
- 80 gr sugar
- 3 eggs
- zest of orange
Make the orange gelatin:
- Heat the juice of two oranges in a pan together with 20 g of sugar. Soak the gelatine leaves in cold water for 5 minutes. Squeeze the leaves and mix them with the warm juice. Stir well. Pour this juice into a bowl that allows you to pour up to 1 cm thick. Refrigerate for 2 hours. Only take the gelatin out of the refrigerator when you are going to use it.
Make the mascarpone mix:
- Separate the egg yolks from the whites. Beat the egg white until stiff and set aside. Mix the sugar with the egg yolks and beat until you get a paler mass. Add the mascarpone and orange zest to this. Mix well.
- Carefully mix the whipped egg whites with the mascarpone mixture with a spoon.
- Juice the remaining oranges.Take the glasses. Cut the gelatin into cubes and put some on the bottom.Dip a biscuit in the orange juice and make a layer. (I broke the cookies for the glasses). Then scoop a generous spoonful of the mascarpone mixture on top. Make another layer with the biscuits dipped in orange juice. Finally, a generous layer of mascarpone.
- Finish with extra gelatine cubes, zest and a mint leaf. If necessary, put it in the fridge for a while. Serve cold.
Download my E-book
This booklet is my culinary ode to the Mediterranean cuisine; a collection of flavors and aromas that embody my passion for cooking, intended to inspire or enrich both the experienced chef and the home cook with the simplicity and purity of Mediterranean tastes. Easy recipes, accessible to everyone, and with a broad palette of flavors.Order here
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Subscribe to our newsletter and stay informed about the latest news and amazing recipes.