Virgin mojito ice lollies
- 8 popsicle molds
- 400 ml water
- 200 ml tonic preferably lime flavor
- 3 lime only the juice
- 3 tbl spoon honey or white sugar / alternative (dark sugar will color the ice creams brown)
- 4 twigs hierba buena Moroccan mint, about 25 gr
- 1 lime slices
to decorate the popsicles
- 2 lime sliced
- 16 leaves hierba buena
- Take a large pitcher and add the water, the tonic, the juice of the three limes, the honey, Moroccan mint and the lime wedges. Mix well. Taste to see if the sweet-sour ratio is right. Place the jar in the fridge for an hour and let it steep.
- Make sure you make enough space in the freezer in advance so that the ice creams can stand upright.
- Put in each mold 1 or 2 slices (you can also halve them) lime and two leaves of the Moroccan mint. Then fill them with the mixture from the jug. Place in the freezer and let them freeze for 4 hours.
- Sometimes you have to run warm water over them to get them out of shape…
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >
Een etentje met vrienden of famillie? Zorg voor extra zuiderse sfeer en beluister mijn -SECRETOS DEL SUR- Spotify list” (dank aan DJ Beatz voor de finetuning)