Warm oatmeal with chocolate, fruits and nuts
Treat yourself with a breakfast of warm oatmeal and chocolate, enjoy a winter morning…
- cooking pot
- -au bain marie- little pan to melt chocolate
To make the warm oats:
- 100 gr oats
- 300 ml coconut milk
- 50 gr dark chocolate 85% cacao
- 2 t spoon chocolate powder pure
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 orange
- ½ apple
- 1 handful raspberries
- 1 handful blue berries
- 4 tbl spoon granola homemade, see recipe below
- 2 tbl spoon maple sirope
How to make the warm oats:
- Put the coconut milk, oat flakes and cinnamon stick in a saucepan and heat over a low heat. Stir everything well. Add the cocoa powder and stir. Let it simmer gently for 4 minutes. Turn off the heat and let it stand for a while. Take out the cinnamon stick.
- Get your toppings ready. I always have homemade granola in stock. I make my own (see recipe below), consisting of nuts, coconut and seeds.Cut the apple and orange into wedges.
- Melt the chocolate in a pan (au bain marie).
- Spoon the warm oatmeal into two bowls/plates. Place the fruit on top (orange, apple, raspberries, blueberries). Spoon the granola on top and drizzle with the melted chocolate and a spoonful of maple syrup.
While the men left early in the morning with their bikes, my daughter and I made ourselves a delicious breakfast. Warm oatmeal with melted dark chocolate. If you already have the toppings prepared, it really isn’t much work. We enjoyed this together by the chimney and started our Sunday morning chill and relaxed… A super cozy “mother-daughter moment”
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >
Leave a Reply