Warm oatmeal with chocolate, fruits and nuts
- cooking pot
- -au bain marie- little pan to melt chocolate
To make the warm oats:
- 100 gr oats
- 300 ml coconut milk
- 50 gr dark chocolate 85% cacao
- 2 t spoon chocolate powder pure
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 orange
- ½ apple
- 1 handful raspberries
- 1 handful blue berries
- 4 tbl spoon granola homemade, see recipe below
- 2 tbl spoon maple sirope
How to make the warm oats:
- Put the coconut milk, oat flakes and cinnamon stick in a saucepan and heat over a low heat. Stir everything well. Add the cocoa powder and stir. Let it simmer gently for 4 minutes. Turn off the heat and let it stand for a while. Take out the cinnamon stick.
- Get your toppings ready. I always have homemade granola in stock. I make my own (see recipe below), consisting of nuts, coconut and seeds.Cut the apple and orange into wedges.
- Melt the chocolate in a pan (au bain marie).
- Spoon the warm oatmeal into two bowls/plates. Place the fruit on top (orange, apple, raspberries, blueberries). Spoon the granola on top and drizzle with the melted chocolate and a spoonful of maple syrup.
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >
Een etentje met vrienden of famillie? Zorg voor extra zuiderse sfeer en beluister mijn -SECRETOS DEL SUR- Spotify list” (dank aan DJ Beatz voor de finetuning)