Warm oatmeal with chocolate, fruits and nuts
- cooking pot
- -au bain marie- little pan to melt chocolate
To make the warm oats:
- 100 gr oats
- 300 ml coconut milk
- 50 gr dark chocolate 85% cacao
- 2 t spoon chocolate powder pure
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 orange
- ½ apple
- 1 handful raspberries
- 1 handful blue berries
- 4 tbl spoon granola homemade, see recipe below
- 2 tbl spoon maple sirope
How to make the warm oats:
- Put the coconut milk, oat flakes and cinnamon stick in a saucepan and heat over a low heat. Stir everything well. Add the cocoa powder and stir. Let it simmer gently for 4 minutes. Turn off the heat and let it stand for a while. Take out the cinnamon stick.
- Get your toppings ready. I always have homemade granola in stock. I make my own (see recipe below), consisting of nuts, coconut and seeds.Cut the apple and orange into wedges.
- Melt the chocolate in a pan (au bain marie).
- Spoon the warm oatmeal into two bowls/plates. Place the fruit on top (orange, apple, raspberries, blueberries). Spoon the granola on top and drizzle with the melted chocolate and a spoonful of maple syrup.
Download my E-book
This booklet is my culinary ode to the Mediterranean cuisine; a collection of flavors and aromas that embody my passion for cooking, intended to inspire or enrich both the experienced chef and the home cook with the simplicity and purity of Mediterranean tastes. Easy recipes, accessible to everyone, and with a broad palette of flavors.Order here
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Subscribe to our newsletter and stay informed about the latest news and amazing recipes.