Watermelon soup, deliciously summery and refreshing
Nice and fresh gazpacho with the sweet taste of watermelon… summery, refreshing and full of vitamins
- ½ watermelon big size
- ½ green pointed pepper
- 600 gr tomatoes as ripe as posible
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 sprigs mint
- 2 tbl spoon olive oil
- pepper and salt
- Before you cut the melon, remove a few balls with a scoop spoon. We put these in the soup afterwards to decorate.
- Cut the green pepper, watermelon and tomatoes into pieces. Put these pieces together with the garlic, olive oil and the leaves of one sprig of mint in the blender. I leave the skin of the tomato on, but wash well.
- Mix into a nice homogeneous soup. Taste and add salt and pepper to your taste.
- Serve cold and decorate with the watermelon balls and a few mint leaves.
With just a few ingredients and in no time you can prepare this fresh summer soup. Are you having a party? Then fill small glasses with the soup, a scoop of watermelon and shredded mint leaves… So you have another fantastic appetizer…
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
One response to “Watermelon soup, deliciously summery and refreshing”
Leave a Reply
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >
Heerlijke frisse soep. We liked it…😋