White asparagus in papillot with parsley butter
Cooking white asparagus in a papillot in the oven is a real winner. No flavor is lost and along with the parsley butter, they melt in your mouth.
- vegetable peeler
- baking paper
- 500 gr White asparagus about 12 pieces
- 50 gr butter
- 3 tbl spoon olive oil
- 3 tbl spoon parsley fresh flat-leaf parsley
- salt and pepper
- Peel the white asparagus with a vegetable peeler (or asparagus peeler if you have one). (You start about 2-3 cm below the top and go down. Do this carefully. With a vegetable peeler I go around the asparagus twice to make sure that no stringy skin remains.) Cut off the hard bottom. Usually this is max. 3 cm.
- Preheat your oven to 180º.Chop the parsley. Put the butter, olive oil and parsley in a saucepan and heat on a low heat until the butter has melted. Season with salt and black pepper from the mill.
- Arrange the peeled asparagus side by side on baking paper. (I take an oven dish, put the baking paper on it and the asparagus on top. Cover them with the parsley butter and wrap the baking paper closed according to a papillot.(front and back together, fold down a few times and then turn the ends around firmly)
- Place in a preheated oven at 180º for 25 minutes.
- Serve warm and scoop the released liquid over the asparagus with a spoon. Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >
Leave a Reply