Red velvet salad with beetroot and Mozzarella
- 1/2 red cabbage
- 1/2 lime enkel het sap
- 3 tblspoon beetroot juice
- 3 tblspoon agave syrup
- 3 cooked beetroot
- 150 gr Mozarella little cheese balls
- 2 tblspoon chives finely chopped
- 2 tblspoon pine nuts roasted
- Cut the red cabbage with a peeler into fine strings. Take a mixing bowl and mix the beet juice together with 2 tablespoons of agave syrup and the juice of half a lime. Mix this with the sliced red cabbage and leave to marinate for half an hour. Afterwards you let the cabbage drain into a sieve.
- From the cooked red beetroots you get small balls with a parisienne scoop(= ball spoon). (the rest of the flesh you keep for a smoothie). Sprinkle these balls with 1 tablespoon of agave syrup.
- Roast the pine nuts in a pan until they are golden brown. Put the drained red cabbage on a dish. Put the red beets and Mozzarella balls on it. Divide the pine nuts and finely chopped chives on top. Tasty!
- stimulate the functioning of the intestines and kidneys, they have a purifying effect.
- are a good source of vitamins A and C, indispensable for a strong immune system
- contain a lot of iron, detoxify the liver and purify the blood
- also contain a good dose of antioxidants and reduce the risk of heart problems
- are among the vegetables that contain the most sugar, but contain relatively few calories: about 37 kcal in 80 grams.
- red cabbage promotes digestion by producing bile
- reduces the unhealthy cholesterol and the uric acid
- contains a lot of vitamin C and therefore strengthens the immune system
- contains vitamin K and these keep the bones strong
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >