Turkish red lentil soup
- cooking pot
- 200 gr red lentils
- 3 carrots
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 potato
- 3 tbl spoon tomato paste
- 1 liter vegetable broth
- 4 tbl spoon olive oil
- 2 tea spoon chili flakes or pull biber
- 1 tea spoon cumin grounded
- pinch salt
- 1 tbl spoon leaf parsley chopped
- ½ lemon if wanted
- Make the chili oil by mixing 2 tbsp olive oil with the chili flakes. Heat briefly (not too hot, oil must not burn). Set aside.
- Rinse the red lentils under running water until the rinse water is clear.Scrape the carrots clean and cut into pieces. Peel the potato and cut into cubes. Also cut the onion and garlic into pieces.
- Put 2 tbsp olive oil in a saucepan, add the carrots, onion, potato and garlic and simmer for 4 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth, tomato paste, lentils and cumin. Simmer for 25 minutes. Stir a few times. Mix the soup with a mixer or blender. Taste and if desired you can add some extra salt.
- Serve with a little chilli oil and chopped flat-leaf parsley. Add a few drops of lemon juice (if desired). Also grill a few slices of bread or serve with flatbread. Tasty!
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >