Vegan chocolate truffles
for the truffles
- 40 gr coconut butter or solid coconut oil (not liquid)
- 20 gr cacao butter
- 20 gr pistachio nuts
- 5 Medjoul dates no seeds
- 80 gr almond flour
- 100 gr raisins
- 2 tblspoon cacao powder pure
for the topping
- 1 tblspoon coconut grated
- 1 tblspoon pistachio nuts chopped
- 1 tblspoon cacao powder
- Melt the cocoa butter on a low heat. Put all the ingredients together in the blender and mix until you get a homogenous mass. The structure must be such that you can easily roll balls with it. Roll about 20 balls and put them on a plate. Put them in the fridge for an hour.
- For the topping you take 3 small plates with each their ingredient. (cocoa powder, grated coconut and chopped pistachio nuts) Roll the balls one by one through the desired topping. (You can also do this before putting them in the fridge and repeating it after an hour) You can easily store them in the fridge for a week. The topping will then be less crunchy.
- they are rich in vitamin B6, which can improve brain function
- they are rich in potassium and magnesium, which can lower blood pressure.
- they are rich in fiber. Fibers give you a feeling of fullness and provide better digestion and bowel function. In addition, fibers can also have a cholesterol-lowering effect.
- They have an anti-inflammatory effect (reduced risk of eg arthritis)
- They are rich in fiber, which gives you a feeling of fullness and promotes bowel function.
- they are rich in polyphenols (= anti-oxidants), magnesium, potassium and vitamin B
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >