Almond milk, a nice creamy own-made milk
Making your own almond milk is very easy and sooo delicious!
- mixer / blender
- fine sieve
- 300 gr raw almonds peeled or non peeled
- 1 liter mineral water
- You can use both peeled and unpeeled almonds. The taste and color will be a little different. I use peeled raw almonds because I want to avoid the slightly bitter touch. Moreover, I do not add sugars or a pinch of salt. The reason for this is that I also use the milk for cooking and therefore want to keep it as neutral as possible.
- Rinse the almonds under cool running water.Put the almonds in the blender and add 300 ml water. Chop the nuts into coarse pieces. Put this in the fridge for 4-6 hours and let it soak. In some recipes you will read that they first soak the almonds. I find the flavor is fuller when I chop the almonds first and then soak them.
- After 4-6 hours, put everything back in the blender and add the rest of the water. Mix well for about 2 minutes until no more pieces are visible.
- Pour the contents into a fine sieve and collect the milk.You can keep the milk cool for 3-5 days.
- I let the pulp dry and you can use it afterwards as flour or you can immediately make almond cookies.
It is the beautiful white-pink blossoms of the almond trees that tempt me to make my own almond milk. During the months of January and February, the hills are covered in a carpet of beautiful blossoms. Although the almonds are only harvested during the summer months, I also make our own almond milk during the winter months. The almond milk you buy in the supermarket contains only 4-7% almonds and of course the necessary additives. Here I am going to get started with only 2 ingredients. I don’t just make the milk, but I also make cookies with the leftover pulp… so no leftovers. Be sure to try it for yourself and taste the difference!
Serving: 250mlCalories: 140kcalCarbohydrates: 4gProtein: 5gFat: 12gPolyunsaturated Fat: 6gMonounsaturated Fat: 6gSodium: 1310mgFiber: 3gSugar: 1gCalcium: 1340mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
2 responses to “Almond milk, a nice creamy own-made milk”
Leave a Reply
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >
Ik ben Herman woon in Oria Espana , mijn vraag is of ik de recepten kan lezen in het Nederlands .
Ik woon tussen de amandel plantages en heb kg ‘ s amandelen .
Ik was al 4 keer in Frigliana , zeer mooi daar .
En je recepten lekker en gezond !
Goeie middag Herman, Wat leuk te horen dat je ook in Spanje woont… Natuurlijk! Al mijn recepten staan op de website in 3 talen: nederlands, spaans en engels. In de rechterkolom, boven mijn foto kan je van taal veranderen. Succes en laat het smaken! Groetjes, Patricia