Bruschetta with anchovies and italian green herb sauce
Green herb sauce… We know salsa verde in both Spain and Italy. There are therefore variations per region. For this bruschetta I was inspired by the Piedmont region of Italy. Instead of making a salted anchovy being part of the sauce, I opted for anchovies in oil and did not include them in the sauce. In the original version of salsa verde, salted anchovies are pureed together with the parsley. This makes it a spicy sauce. With this bruschetta I wanted to do justice to both the anchovies in oil and the salsa verde.
The herbs you use are mainly parsley and capers. But you can also add mint or coriander.
- mixer / blender
- oven / grillpan
- 4 slices bread baguette
- 1 tbl spoon olive oil
- 8 anchovies on oil, not salted
- germs or hebs decoration
- 2 slices old bread
- ½ clove garlic
- 1 tbl spoon capers
- 40 gr parsley fresh flat leave
- 100 ml olive oil or more if necessary
- ½ lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 160º.Cut 4 wide slices from a baguette. Sprinkle them with olive oil. Place them in the oven for 10 minutes or fry them in a grill pan until light brown.Remove the anchovies from the packaging and let them drain in a sieve.
- For the salsa verde we add all the ingredients together in the blender. You may need to add additional oil. The sauce should not be too thin and the intention is that there are still chunks present.
- Take the bread out of the oven and spread them generously with the green sauce. Place 2 anchovies per slice on top and finish with some extra herbs or sprouts.
- To bring out the spicy flavor of the sauce, I use anchovies that have been marinated in oil instead of the salted version.
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >
Een etentje met vrienden of famillie? Zorg voor extra zuiderse sfeer en beluister mijn -SECRETOS DEL SUR- Spotify list” (dank aan DJ Beatz voor de finetuning)