Pasta with endive, parsley and prawns
Looking for an original pasta recipe? Then try this tasty pasta with endive, parsley oil and prawns. Endive is a popular vegetable in European cuisine and is often used in salads and stews.
Fact: Endive is said to have its origins in Belgium, where it was accidentally discovered in the 19th century. The story goes that a farmer forgot endive roots in the cellar, after which the leaves started to grow and turned white…
- deep pan with lid
- frying pan
- cooking pot
- cutter / mixer
- 6 heads endive
- 16 prawn
- 20 gr parsley
- 2 tbl spoon chives
- 5 tbl spoon olive oil
- 30 gr butter
- 250 gr pasta
- 1 tbl spoon olive oil for the cooking water
- salt and pepper
Braise the endive:
- Sounds more difficult than it is… Put 10 g of butter in the deep pan. Cut 2 endive heads in half lengthwise. Place them cut side down in the pan with butter and fry for 4 minutes over medium heat. Season with salt and pepper. Now add +/- 125 ml of water. Place the lid on the pan and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes. Remove the lid and let the water evaporate while continuing to simmer slightly. When the water is gone, add an extra 5 g of butter. After 1 minute, remove the pan from the heat and the endive is ready.
- Cut the other endive heads lengthwise into strings and fry them in a pan in the same way as described above.Rinse the prawns under cold water. Peel them but leave the tail on. Fry them in 1 tbsp olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place a pot of water on the stove with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and a pinch of salt. When the water boils, cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package. I used Bucatini pasta . This is a thick spaghetti and absorbs the flavor of the parsley very well. But you choose the pasta you prefer.
- Put the parsley together with the chives and 4 tbsp olive oil in a cutter together with salt and pepper. Mix until you get a fine herbal oil.
- When the pasta is done, pass it through a sieve and mix with the parsley oil. Divide the fried chicory strings on the four plates. On top of that the pasta together with half of a chicory stalk. I provided 4 prawns per plate. Add some parmesan cheese if desired and enjoy…
Do you also like to eat chicory? Then here is a recipe that you can prepare during the holidays:
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >
Een etentje met vrienden of famillie? Zorg voor extra zuiderse sfeer en beluister mijn -SECRETOS DEL SUR- Spotify list” (dank aan DJ Beatz voor de finetuning)