Pumpkin soup with sweet potato
“Pumpkins: Enjoy autumn with fresh and healthy pumpkins. Discover recipes, tips and benefits of pumpkins. Get the best of the season!” Be inspired by this recipe for pumpkin soup and taste autumn.
- cooking pot
- mixer / blender
- baking paper
- 1 kg pumpkin cut into pieces
- 350 gr sweet potato
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 liter vegetable broth
- 5 tbl spoon pumpkin seeds
- 2 teaspoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon sweet paprika powder
- ¼ teaspoon spicy paprika powder
- 2 tbl spoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 170º.Peel the pumpkin and sweet potato and cut both into cubes of +/- 2 x 2 cm. Cut the onion into pieces.
- Put the olive oil in a saucepan and first stew the onion together with a chopped garlic clove. After about 3 minutes, add the pumpkin and sweet potato. Stew briefly for about 3 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock and mix. Place the lid on the pot and let it simmer for 20 minutes. (stir occasionally)
- Mix the pumpkin seeds with the honey, sweet paprika powder and the spicy paprika powder. Spread them out on an oven tray lined with baking paper. Let them bake for 5 minutes at 170º. Let them cool.
- When the pumpkin is done, remove the pot from the heat. Now blend the soup into a creamy soup, without chunks. Taste and season with white pepper and salt if necessary.
- The toppings I used were the fried pumpkin seeds, soy cream, dried sweet pepper flakes (ñora) and a little parsley.
Some more ideas for delicious soups:
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >
Een etentje met vrienden of famillie? Zorg voor extra zuiderse sfeer en beluister mijn -SECRETOS DEL SUR- Spotify list” (dank aan DJ Beatz voor de finetuning)