Quiche with pumpkin and Brussels sprouts
This quiche with pumpkin and Brussels sprouts is an ideal choice for lovers of savory dishes. The sweet, taste of pumpkin harmonizes perfectly with the slightly bitter notes of Brussels sprouts, creating a balanced taste. Moreover, this dish is not only tasty, but also nutritious because of the healthy vegetables in it.
- cooking pot
- baking pan
- mold Ø 26 cm
- 500 gr Brussels sprouts
- 400 gr pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tbl spoon milk
- 1 tbl sspoon sage leaves chopped
- 50 gr feta cheese
- 1 sheet shortcrust pastry
- 20 gr butter
- 1 tbl spoon pumpkin seeds
- salt and pepper
- Clean the Brussels sprouts. Remove the outer leaves and cut away a piece of the hard bottom. Place a pot with water and a pinch of salt on the stove. When the water boils, add the Brussels sprouts and cook for 5-7 minutes. Put them in a colander.
- Cut the pumpkin into cubes of 1.5 x 1.5 cm. Put the butter in a pan and stew the pumpkin for 3 minutes. Then add the Brussels sprouts and stew together for another 5 minutes. At the end, also add the finely chopped sage leaves. Season with white pepper and salt.
- Preheat the oven to 200º. Line a pie tin with the shortcrust pastry. Poke holes in the dough with a fork. Place a sheet of baking paper on top along with baking beads or dry beans. Just bake this dough for 8 minutes at 200º. Then remove the cake tin from the oven, remove the baking beads and let cool briefly.
- Beat the eggs together with the milk, baking powder and some salt and pepper.
- Place the Brussels sprouts and pumpkin in the mold. Pour the egg mixture over it. Make sure this is evenly distributed over the mould. Crumble the feta and sprinkle it over the cake. Finally, sprinkle the pumpkin seeds over the cake.Place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes at 180º -200º
Are you as well a quiche lover? Here another idea:
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >
Een etentje met vrienden of famillie? Zorg voor extra zuiderse sfeer en beluister mijn -SECRETOS DEL SUR- Spotify list” (dank aan DJ Beatz voor de finetuning)