Salmorejo, a typical dish from Córdoba, Andalucia
- mixer / blender
- 1 kg tomatoes The important thing is that they are ripe! I have used two varieties, vine tomatoes and Monte Rosa.
- 180 gr breadcrumbs only the soft white part of a fresh bread
- 120 ml olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 60 ml water (if necessary, should it be too consistent)
- 2 eggs hard boiled
- 2 slices bread to make crusts
- First we are going to peel the tomatoes. However, this is not necessary if you have a powerful blender or mixer. Put a pot of water on the heat and let it boil. Make a light slit in the tomatoes with a knife. Place them in the boiling water for one minute and then in cold water. Now you can easily remove the skin.
- Cut the tomatoes into large pieces.Remove the soft white inner part of the bread and tear into pieces.
- Now add the tomatoes, bread, olive oil, garlic and a pinch of salt together in the blender and mix until you get a smooth homogeneous and creamy soup. Taste and add some extra salt or water if it is too consistent.
- Boil the eggs in boiling water for 10 minutes. Remove them from their shell and crush with a fork.
- Cut the bread slices into small dice. Put some olive oil in a pan and fry the crusts until golden brown.
- Normally the soup is served with crumbled egg and pieces of dried ham. But because we don't eat meat here at home, I made a version with fried crusts…
- The soup should be served cold, so, if needed cool it in the fridge for a while…
Looking for more recipes for cold soups?
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >
Een etentje met vrienden of famillie? Zorg voor extra zuiderse sfeer en beluister mijn -SECRETOS DEL SUR- Spotify list” (dank aan DJ Beatz voor de finetuning)