Sandwich with egg, tomato and avocado, an ideal brunch
- frying pan
- cutter / blender
- fine sieve
- 4 small bread Use the bread you like the most. If you prefer the "pistolet" type than cut off the upper bold side.
- 4 eggs
- 1 tomatoes big, ripe one
- 3 leaves basil
- 1 spring onion
- 2 tbl spoon chives chopped
- 1 avocado
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 160º. Drizzle the top of the bread with some olive oil. Place them in the oven at 160º for 10 minutes.
- Beat the eggs and season with salt and pepper. Add some oil in a frying pan and stir fry the eggs.
- Cut the tomato into large pieces and put them in the cutter, along with the basil. Chop the tomato. Make sure that the cutter or blender does not run on a too high speed otherwise you will get pulp. Then put this in a fine sieve so that the excess juice can come out.
- Peel the skin of the avocado and remove the pit. Divide it into four. Cut each part lengthwise into smaller pieces. Note: Do this at the end because the avocado will brown just like an apple. You can also sprinkle a bit of lemon juice on them to counteract this.
- Cut the spring onion into fine rings and shred the chives.
- Remove the bread from the oven. Now put a good layer of the fried eggs on top, seazon with salt and pepper. Spoon a spoonful of the tomatoes on top and finally place the avocado wedges on top. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle the spring onions and chives on top. Drizzle a little more with olive oil and you're done.
2 responses to “Sandwich with egg, tomato and avocado, an ideal brunch”
Download my E-book
This booklet is my culinary ode to the Mediterranean cuisine; a collection of flavors and aromas that embody my passion for cooking, intended to inspire or enrich both the experienced chef and the home cook with the simplicity and purity of Mediterranean tastes. Easy recipes, accessible to everyone, and with a broad palette of flavors.Order here
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Subscribe to our newsletter and stay informed about the latest news and amazing recipes.