Gnocchi with pumpkin, spinach and mascarpone
- cooking pot
- 600 gr gnocchi aardappelpasta
- 500 gr pumpkin
- 1 clove garlic
- 50 gr spinach
- 200 ml vegetable broth
- 4 tbl spoon mascarpone
- 2 tbl spoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Cook the gnocchi in boiling water for 2-4 minutes, according to the instructions on the package. I bought potato gnocchi but sometimes I make them myself with spinach or carrot. When they are done, place them in a colander and set aside.
- Cut the pumpkin flesh (500 g) into pieces of +/- 2 cm. Grate the garlic clove. Put the olive oil in a cooking pot and stew the garlic together with the pumpkin for 5 minutes. Pour over the broth. Place the lid on the pot and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Once the pumpkin is cooked, mix everything with a hand blender. Season with salt and pepper.
- Put a tablespoon of olive oil in a pot and stew the spinach until the leaves have shrunk.
- Add the gnocchi and spinach to the warm pumpkin sauce and mix. Serve on each plate with an extra spoonful of mascarpone cheese. I also added some color with extra dashes and herbs.
Looking for some more recipes with pumpkin? Here you have some ideas but on the homepage you can find a lot more by filling in the search field…
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >
Een etentje met vrienden of famillie? Zorg voor extra zuiderse sfeer en beluister mijn -SECRETOS DEL SUR- Spotify list” (dank aan DJ Beatz voor de finetuning)