Fig clafoutis with anise and almonds
Preparation: a simple art
One of the biggest advantages of fig clafoutis is that it is surprisingly easy to make. With just a few basic steps and everyday ingredients you can create an elegant and tasty dessert.
Variations and serving tips:
Fig clafoutis can be served hot or cold. It is also delicious with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream. For those who like to experiment, try adding some fresh thyme. Of course you can also try several variations on the fruit. So the version with mandarin oranges is definitely still on my list…
- Fresh figs: the star of the show, providing a sweet and juicy base.
- Anise: adds a unique, slightly sweet and spicy aroma.
- Almonds: bring a crunchy texture and nutty flavor.
- Eggs, milk, sugar and flour: the essential ingredients for the base of the clafoutis.
- A pinch of salt: optional. I didn’t do this this time to bring out the anise flavor.
Perfect for any occasion
Whether it is a fancy dinner or a cozy family gathering, fig clafoutis with anise and almonds is always a hit. It is not only a feast for the eyes, but also for the taste buds.
Conclusion: a must-try dessert
The fig clafoutis with anise and almonds is a sublime dessert that combines tradition and innovation. It is a simple, but delicious recipe.
Delicious fig clafoutis with anise and almonds – A unique culinary experience
- mixer / blender
- mold Ø 26 cm
- 8 figs fresh
- 4 eggs
- 100 gr self-raising flour
- 250 ml milk
- 60 gr sugar
- 10 gr vanilla sugar
- ½ tea spoon baking powder
- ½ tea spoon anise extract 10 drops
- 1 tbl spoon almond flakes
- Preheat the oven to 180º.Beat the eggs with the mixer. Add the aniseed aroma together with the milk.Mix all dry ingredients: flour, sugar, vanilla sugar and baking powder.Now mix the egg mixture with the dry mixture. Mix/mix well.
- Rinse the figs and pat them dry. Halve them and cut these halves in half again.Line the cake tin with baking paper, (optional) or grease with butter/oil.Pour the dough into the pie tin. Carefully spread the figs on top of the dough. Because the dough is fairly thin, they will initially partially fall down, but they will reappear during baking.Finally, divide the almond flakes on top.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes at 180º – 200º.Once it has cooled down a bit, you can carefully remove the baking paper.
On my website you’ll find a lot more recipes to make delicious desserts. These are my favorites:
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >
Een etentje met vrienden of famillie? Zorg voor extra zuiderse sfeer en beluister mijn -SECRETOS DEL SUR- Spotify list” (dank aan DJ Beatz voor de finetuning)