Salmon waffles with avocado and quail egg
A breakfast or brunch with a savory waffle? During the weekend or on Sunday, but for me it is just a little more. I rarely have bread for breakfast and that’s why I’m constantly looking for alternative breakfasts. Moreover, I also like that I can occasionally surprise my family with an original recipe.
- waffle iron
Batter for the waffles:
- 100 g smoked salmon
- 2 eggs
- 100 g self-raising flour
- 100 ml milk
- 2 spring onion
- 1 tbl spoon chives
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tbl spoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 avocado
- 8 quail eggs
- 2 tbl spoon olive oil
- Sift the flour and mix with the baking powder.Beat the eggs. Mix the egg with the milk, olive oil and the flour mixture.Chop the chives and spring onions very finely. Cut the smoked salmon into small pieces. Now mix all the ingredients together with a spoon. It may be a firm dough, but if it is too dry, add another 50 ml of milk.Season with salt and pepper. (not too much salt because the smoked salmon is already salty
- Grease the baking pan of your waffle iron with some oil (easy with a brush).Spoon one tablespoon of the dough into the center of the baking tin and bake the waffles until they start to colour light brown.
- Put some olive oil in a pan and fry the quail eggs.
- Halve the avocado, remove the pit and remove the peel. Cut lengthwise into wedges.
- For breakfast I put 1/4 of the avocado + 2 waffles + 2 quail eggs on each plate.
On the website you’ll find more ideas for breakfast. These are a few of my favorites:
I am Patricia, energetic 40'er, architect, business manager and food blogger. Living in Andalusia but from Flanders - Belgium. Mother of 2 active and creative kids who, together with my husband Geert, form the tasting team of the first order!
Cooking has become a passion. Everything starts with devising an original recipe and that’s when my love for food photography & styling comes across… In my blog you will get to know my healthy Mediterranean fusion cuisine!
Preparation is everything! “Meal prepping” ... Download and print your -Mediterranian kitchen-inspired- weekly planner including shopping list. Need inspiration?weekly organiser >
Een etentje met vrienden of famillie? Zorg voor extra zuiderse sfeer en beluister mijn -SECRETOS DEL SUR- Spotify list” (dank aan DJ Beatz voor de finetuning)